Maffei may not have much recourse to change Pandora’s strategy

in General Topics Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:16 am
by Search123 • 16 Posts

pandora charms on sale I think it already is, and others still tend to not see it if they aren’t already country music fans. For whatever reason, country has been the big invisible giant for ages. Pandora’s new “Sounds Like You” campaigns feature a lot of country stars, like Miranda Lambert and Thomas Rhett. As far back as 2015 it was engaging in country initiatives in areas where those fans lived — events, episodic radio shows, etc. It still holds a country event every year before the CMA music festival and CMT music awards. I don’t know that exclusives would add any benefit, but that’s also a belief I hold no matter the genre or digital-only platform. I say digital-only because Garth Brooks has an exclusive deal with Amazon, but that initially came with access to purchase a double-disc hits album and a two-disc live performance record. Country fans still buy physical product, and that seemed to be a success since now Amazon streams Brooks’ entire back catalog. The bigger question for me is: will the next CEO keep the focus on growing Pandora’s on-demand product or pandora charms cheap shift to turning a profit? Sirius XM did get three board seats as part of the financing deal, but those are additional seats, and won’t bring about the removal of current board members. So while Liberty Media CEO — and owner of Sirius XM — Greg Maffei has said he’s “not necessarily convinced” about the potential of on-demand, Maffei may not have much recourse to change Pandora’s strategy. Will Pandora, and more importantly should Pandora, keep beating the drum on subscription streaming going forward?

pandora charms cheap online I think you’re right, Micah. The existential question is: can a radio-first approach to streaming music survive in an era of services that offer both an on-demand library of 30 million songs and the ability to easily dip into a radio-like experience when you want it? I know Pandora has a huge user base, and thus a huge opportunity, plus cash from Sirius to give them time to execute a transition. But as Dani pointed out in her piece on country music, it is actually losing subscribers at a time when services like Spotify and Apple Music are growing by leaps and bounds. Unless it gets some smart leadership in place to really revive the brand, I see it going the way of an AOL or Yahoo — a slowly sinking ship. I’ll be curious to see what the subscription numbers for Pandora will be in the next pandora charms sale online few months following rebranding, the Sirius deal (and losing Ticketfly), Westergren’s absence. It’s a lot of upheaval in a short amount of time, but it’s now also a name people are now talking about — people who haven’t even thought about Pandora in years. The new leadership will be crucial, and I think radio isn’t given enough credit. The number of cars that have satellite radio capabilities keeps increasing year over year, and so do the subscriptions for it.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 18 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bruce Edgley
Board Statistics
The forum has 1359 topics and 1449 posts.